Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Segway Tour in Minden

 Today we went on a segway tour in Minden.
Here is the guy in charge of the segways.
Of course when he explained how to use the segway it was in German. Luckily,I have already been on a Segway so I kid of had an idea of how to operate it. They taught us one by one how to use it. Lucky me again the lady behind him who was also with the company could speak English. What a relief! It wasn't that hard. As soon as I was on it I was going strong. It was so much fun. We rode around Minden and the Tour director  (a different older guy wearing bright green pants) showed us around for 3 hours. He explained everything in German. It wasn't too bad because my host mom asked him to talk slower so I could understand. Then if i didn't get it at all then she would explain it to me in English. We couldn't take pictures while we were on the tour thought, because they wanted you to be paying attention to your Segway the whole time which is understandable. So after the tour my host family took me back into Minden so I could take pictures.
Going back to Minden they had a bridge over the Weser only for people to walk on.

On the bridge couples put locks. It is a European thing. To them it is a symbol of love because they lock it on the bridge forever with both of their names on it and throw the key in the river. Symbolizing that they will always be together. Awwww :)  How cute!! 
They are every where!! Any where there is a bridge there are several locks. My host mom said that sometimes they get too many and there are ads in the paper telling people they need to take their locks down or they will be cut off and thrown away.

When we were past the bridge we saw this cute little car again and I just had to take a picture of it. You won't find this in America.
It looks like a little matchbox car!!! 

Then my host parents let Caro and I explore Minden for a little while. We got some Shrimp Scampi yum!
I think they were having some kind of festival or something. Because they had food tents set up everywhere and live German/French music playing.
Then Caro and I looked around at all the little shops in Minden and then we went back to Porta.

Later I went Bowling with Annika, her boyfriend, and their friend Florian.We bowled for a solid 2 hours. I have to say I was kicking some butt at bowling.I did alot better than I did mini golfing. I even got a strike!! Go me!! But Annikas bf did the best because he is so strong he could almost knock them all down every time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment