Monday, July 15, 2013

German School!

Today I went with Annika to German school. It was alot different than American school,but I expected that because we learned about German school in German class. She only had two classes today, two hours of math and french. Courtney the other exchange student was in her first class because Alex was there, her host brother. It was nice to hear someone only speaking English to me for once. Neither of us could underrstand the teacher, so we both wrote in our journals. After an hour of class they all get a 5 minute break, then they go back to class or to a new class. Alex took Courtney and I to meet the secretary,she was nice. I thought math in English was bad, it isnt much better in German. All I could pick up is that they were learning matricies. The teacher just sat in the back of the room and had them do problems and then have someone do them on the board and explain how they got it. After math Annika had a 20 minute break then a 2 hour break before her last class French. In the school they have certain rooms they can go to that have couches, so they can talk with friends or just hang out. Annika was talking with some people and I could kind of understand what they are saying. They were talking so fast that I just wrote in my journal for a while instead. Then before I knew it the bell rang and it was time for French. The whole class of only 9 kids waited at the door for the teacher to show up. There if the teacher doesnt show up within 5 minutes they can go home. We almost did but then the teacher was walking up the stairs as we were going down. They were all dissapointed, but the class ony lasted about 10 minutes and she let them all go home for the day. There they have up to 12 subjects that they have to keep track of at a time. Then I took a nap.....the jet lag is really catching up with me, but I am getting better. My German is improving more and more everyday.

Bis Später!! (later!!)

1 comment:

  1. Just want you to know the MomMom and PaPa are enjoying your posts! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete