Monday, July 15, 2013

Paul's Birthday!!

Yesterday was my host brother's birthday, he turned 21. They had their family over for breakfast. That was kind of differrent,but cool. They all got here at about 10,and I was introduced to all of their family members. They were all so nice. Most of them introduced themselves in English and that was just about all that they knew in English. They were very suprised when I introduced myself in German. Then some of them tried to talk to me in German. I understood some of it but the rest was a mumbled mess. They talk SO fast,once I pick up the translation they are already done with that conversation and talking about a new topic. But when I got two confused they slowed down and I could understand them a lot better. Paul invited a friend over and Annika had her boyfriend over. Her boyfriend is SO tall. I've never seen someone so tall in my life. The breakfast was good we had scrambled eggs bacon and various kinds of rolls. I sat with the kids and after breakfast we went downstairs and played some Fooseball. They think it is funny that we call it that because it is close to their word for soccer fussball. Same pronunciation with different spelling. After some Fooseball i went back upstairs and talk with my host parents and the remaining family members. They would talk for a while and if I looked really confused then my host mom explained it. She is really good at speaking English. When she was my age she spent a year in Hawaii studying. Then when they left I went in my room for a little while to relax. All of that german translation wears me out,and I think the jet lag is starting to catch up with me. Later I had some cake that their Grandma brought. It was a rasberry cake,and it was really sweet and very good!!  Then even later on we went to a turkish restaurant, because turkish food is Paul's favorite. It was different but good. In my salad I had an olive, but it looked just like the beans in the salad and I ate it. It wasn't a good suprise. I must of had an awful face,because my host mom asked me if I was ok. The rest of the food was awesome though. I had a chicken and green pepper kabob and some intestines. YUM! The intestines tasted just like Haggis! But by the way it was cooked and served you would have never known it was intestines unless someone told you. It looked kind of like a hamburger. But it didn't taste like hamburger anyone else would of had the same reaction I had to the olive if someone told them in was intestines, my host family didn't tell me untill after I ate it. After that we went back home and we all went into Paul's room to watch Game of Thrones in german. The whole family really likes it but Paul likes it the most. He even got some of the books that the TV show was based on for his birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Partying it up in Germany! Sounds like you're having a blast! Was the guy even taller than Tom? lol
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete