Friday, July 19, 2013

Second day of German school

I know I haven't posted in a while. I have been so busy with my host Family and trying to keep up with my journal at the same time. Annika took me to School again with her. This was the longest day of school I have had with her so far. She had 3 two hour classes. It was nicer today because I got to sleep in a little bit. First annika had English. All of the Kids can speak really great English, but I guess they are too shy or intimidated to try and talk to me in English. The teacher spoke British English and of course had a British accent. It was funny because she would ask me questions about English, like which word goes better and if she was spelling something right or not. Courtney was there with me in the second hour of English,and the teacher continuously asked us both questions about our English. After that she had Biology. They were doing DNA Isolation of a tomato. Not too interesting.Then she had Sport (P.E) for two hours. Their P.E is different,because they can wear whatever clothes they want too work out in. They don't all have to wear uniforms like at school at home. It was also Co-Ed P.E. They could choose what they wanted to do. The gym was separated into three sections one for Volleyball,Basketball,and Soccer. After that Annika was done with school for the day so Paul came and picked us up. Later on in the day Annika had to go to Fahrschule (driving school). Over here it is a lot different. Here you have to be 18 to get your license,but when you are 16 you can get a license to drive a scooter or a motorcycle. After we dropped her off, my host mom took me to Rinteln. We did a little bit of Shopping. I got a cup with my german name on it (Wiebke), Then we had ice cream. It was spaghetti ice cream. They basically take ice cream and put it through something that makes it look like spaghetti. Super cool!! I had mine with strawberries. I am pretty sure I will end up eating my weight in strawberries by the time this adventure is over......I might even turn into a strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment