Monday, July 22, 2013

Official Welcome to Porta Westfalica

Ok just kidding in my last post about it being my last day of school. I keep forgeting to write in my journal so I know what I did. I went with Annika again to school and we ate again. But this time it was in her English class,and they were watching a slideshow of pictures from their class trip to Dublin. Most of their pictures were of Guiness beer. Pictures from the museum,and brewery,and pictures of them drinking them. Weird!! That just doesn't seem right drinking on a school trip. That would never fly in America. EVER!! hahaha I don't really remember the other classes that she had that day. Later on in the afternoon my host family took me to the Rathaus (city hall). All of my host families were there and Frau!!! haha! I GOT TO SEE CARO!!! I haven't seen her in a year. For those of you who don't know Caro stayed with me her first week in America during her exchange. I get to stay with her next! Ok so after I talked with my host families Frau,and Caro, Herr Mundt talked about the exchange for a while in German......I couldn't really understand it. It was Ok because he explained it in English if it was really important for us to know. After he was done talking he gave us each presents from their side of sister cities. They gave us a book about the area of Porta Westfalica in bothe English and German. Along with a small pin and a light up keychain with the Porta Westfalica symbol on it,and 50 Euros!! Thank you sister cities!!! Then my host mom from my last host family said that she wanted to take Courtney and I on a trip with her daughter to an island in the North Sea sponsered by their bank only for young people!! How cool!! I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment