Sunday, August 4, 2013

Norderny!!

The day started really early at 5 AM! It was a little rough but I slept on the bus. We had about a 4 hour bus ride to the Ferry across the North Sea. ( in case you don't know Norderny is an island off the North coast of Germany in the North Sea.) The trip was only for kids so the bus was full of German teens all speaking German and looking at Courtney and I weird because we were speaking English. We didn't go alone though. We went with two of the kids from my host family.
 
 
How cute do they look in their hats!! This was on the Ferry. We looked out the window when we were almost there and there were sea lions laying out on a sand bar! How cool!! Then after the Ferry we took a bus for 10 minutes to get into the city center. We rented bikes so we could get around the island faster. First we went to the beach.
 
The North Sea!!!!! So pretty!! But it was waaaayyyy too cold to swim so we were just laying on the beach feeling the breeze. I got a little bored.......so I was just writing random things in German in the sand.
:D I love this picture! ( I love you in German )
We spent most of the day here,and then we rode our bikes to the light house.
Then it was close to the end of the day and we went and had some pizza and went back to the bus. All and all it was a loooonnnnggg day but it was worth it! On the way back I was eating my Haribo. I LOVE HARIBO!! It is really the best candy in the whole world. If I could I would just ship a whole bunch of it back to America. Love it! We got back to Minden at midnight and I slept and slept and slept as soon as we got back home.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment